A French leading manufacturer of seats for the railway industry had to develop a mechanism to articulate and automatically maintain a tray in the raised position with a dampened opening for 1st and 2nd class passengers. The application was for the French TGV 3G.
The specification was particularly restrictive:
- Reduced available volume.
- Important number of cycles (30,000 opening / closing cycles).
- Silent in operation.
- No maintenance service.
PINET Industrie having the required industrial capacity to treat such a request could win this new market and strengthen its presence in a rapid growth sector by proposing a solution that combines compactness and performance at the lowest cost.
Benefits for the customer:
- One compact set "ready to fit"
- Respect of specification and innovation
- Update of its range of seats
Benefits for PINET Industrie:
- Creation of a new innovative product
- Strengthening its presence in the railway sector in full development
- Capitalisation of experience for future requests
Fixing and mounting:
- Housing, piston and head : sinter steel with heat treatment
- Screw and nut adjustment: 8.8 grade steel
- Spring washers: spring steel
- Anti-squeak washer: zinc plated steel with Teflon coating
- Weight: 80 g
Maintenance and setting:
- The cartridge housing is inserted in the tray aluminium profile.
- The head is housed in a recess in the tray support.
The cartridge is delivered pre-set and requires no maintenance or adjustment in operation.